[erlang-questions] A good example of design and implementation of a project in Erlang

Yves S. Garret yoursurrogategod@REDACTED
Tue Nov 18 04:09:43 CET 2008

Hi,

   I was wondering if someone knows of a good open source project that
has, generally speaking, good software design, documentation and
implementation. A project written in Erlang that makes use of tens of
thousands of processes at any one moment (I would very much prefer one
written in Erlang as opposed to another language, but that does not
exclude projects done in other languages that fit the criteria as
well). The reason being is that I would like to endeavor on a project
of my own at one point, after gaining some mastery of the language,
and appreciate a good template/blueprint to guide me.

   I initially thought that Yaws would do well. But quickly ruled it
out. Despite the fact that it can generate tens of thousands of
processes, few of them communicate with each other on a regular basis.
It's a web server. It's neat, but just not suitable for my needs. The
part of the design that takes into account the intricacies of Erlang
where there are tens of thousands (hundreds or millions?) processes is
what is most salient for me.

--YSG