[erlang-questions] gen_tcp:recv and hairloss, one resolution

Pablo Polvorin pablo.polvorin@REDACTED
Mon Nov 10 07:00:57 CET 2008

hi,

> and then I call recv in each state function, which might sound messy but
> it looks pretty clean actually, and now
> each state can decide how to handle streaming of data.

looks like you might be better using the socket in {active,once} mode?

> It solves the socket ownership problem also since sync_send_event must
> not be spawning a new process like
> send_event does.

No, none of these function spawns a new process. Both are intended to
communicate
with an already existing process (a gen_fsm )