[erlang-questions] Idiom for multiple case matches

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Fri Nov 7 20:55:11 CET 2008

"Hynek Vychodil" <hynek@REDACTED> writes:

> Anyway, 80% slow down can be good reason to not use lists:member for
> me when performance is important. I think that when mostly tested
> characters which are not vowels, it can be more.

  an "80% slowdown", or indeed any result of any micro-benchmark, is
  completely and utterly irrelevant. what is (often) important is
  overall application speed. unfortunately, optimizing a code base
  full of ad-hoc micro-optimizations can be... challenging.

  mats