[erlang-questions] Learning Erlang from the Armstrong book

Tony Cappellini cappy2112@REDACTED
Wed Nov 5 07:27:46 CET 2008

I didn't start on a random page. I've read it from the beginning to page 48-
This is the page where the quote is that I posted in my message.

>>That said, let's check the facts. The following notice appears
> >>precisely at the 27'th page, the very _next_ page after the very
> >>_first_ example involving the shell (page 28):

 This quote appears on Page 14 in my book. It's likely we have different
printings

>        >>Warning: You can't type everything you read in this book into

I probably read this last week or so, when I had first started reading the
book, but it's soemthing that didn't stick with me.
I'm just spoiled with languages where I can type anything into their shells
(syntactically correct that is)

Is the code on page 54 supposed to work in the shell?