[erlang-questions] paypal integration

Rory Byrne rory@REDACTED
Tue Nov 4 00:10:12 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 05:39:44PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
> Does anyone have PayPal integration code, on top of Mochiweb, Yaws or
> otherwise?

Ouch, I was dreading someone asking that. I've got an updated
version of:

  http://code.google.com/p/erlpay/

It's far from pretty and not very user-friendly, but is should
be moderately secure. I'm currently just putting it into
production at:

  https://yupp.ie

The paypal code is very basic - it just allows you to create
encrypted buttons on the fly and to verify that the IPN
notifications you receive really are from PayPal.

To see it in action, just sign up for a bogus recruiter account
at the site, then log in and click 'account' and then 'Buy Tokens'.
If what you see there is enough functionality for your needs,
then just ping me off-line and I'll sort you out with a copy
(under BSD license) and some basic instructions. I certainly
intend on updating the main erlpay codebase when I get a chance
(the version up there is quite buggy), I'm just jammed for time
at the moment.

On a side note, you'll be interested to know that the Yupp.ie
site is built using a modified version of Massimiliano Mirra's
"seethrough" templating system [1]. I gather that you made
some important contributions to that project. Nice!

Rory

[1] http://hyperstruct.net/2007/1/7/seethrough-a-simple-xml-xhtml-templating-system-for-erlang