[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Fri May 30 12:33:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Yariv Sadan <yarivsadan@REDACTED> wrote:

>> I don't know who scared Yariv about dets, but it is interesting
>> to note in The Erlang Efficiency Guide it now says.
>>
>> "2.6 Myth: Repairing a Dets file is very slow
>>
>> The repair time is still proportional to the number of records in the
>> file, but Dets repairs used to be much, much slower in the past. Dets
>> has been massively rewritten and improved. "
>>
>> So I don't know if his worries still apply.
>>
>> /Anders
>>

> That's great -- I didn't see that!
>
> What scared me was when Klacke said dets should be rewritten.

Is dets and/or ets so needy of a rewrite that lifting the size
limit is not easily implementable with a comparable
performance profile to what it has now?

Sorry if I failed to find the appropriate thread in the mailing
list archives discussing this. If there is any it would be kind
to point me there instead.

<snip>