[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Anders Nygren anders.nygren@REDACTED
Thu May 29 08:09:40 CEST 2008

2008/5/29 Rapsey <rapsey@REDACTED>:
> Are the repair times really that much of a problem? It's not like servers or
> erlang runtime crash that often.
> I would think the advantages of using mnesia far outweight the
> disadvantages. Mnesia is much easier to scale and work with than mysql.

I don't know who scared Yariv about dets, but it is interesting
to note in The Erlang Efficiency Guide it now says.

"2.6 Myth: Repairing a Dets file is very slow

The repair time is still proportional to the number of records in the
file, but Dets repairs used to be much, much slower in the past. Dets
has been massively rewritten and improved. "

So I don't know if his worries still apply.

/Anders