[erlang-questions] supervisor_bridge enhancement

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Mon May 26 12:22:03 CEST 2008

I understand that the behavior was introduced as an interop bridge
between OTP and non-OTP compliant code.  However, as you indicated, in
that role it has very minimal use these days.  I believe that if it's
extended with the suggested functionality, it would become more general
and suitable for solving a broader range of problems (namely - extending
a server with functionality without changing its code).  This is quite
convenient when you need to embed some standard OTP application in your
project and introduce additional functions that are not implemented by
that application.  In this case the bridge serves as a middle-man
between the user and the managed OTP app.

Serge