[erlang-questions] distel-mode with *.beam files separate from source

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Fri May 23 16:15:00 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 08:26 -0500, Paul Fisher wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 14:44 +0200, Mats Cronqvist wrote:
> > Paul Fisher wrote:
> > > Did a little digging and from the bottom distel:find_source/1 certainly
> > > seems to find the source file (by the
> > > path /top/project/application/source.erl) correctly, so maybe there is
> > > something else going one unrelated to the source tree, or possibly
> > > tangentially related.  Here is the actual error I get in the
> > > *erl-output* buffer that is created when I toggle on interactive:
> > >
> > > ** Invalid beam file or no abstract code:
> > > "/top/project/application/source.erl"
> >
> >   this in all likelihood means that the beam does not contain any debug
> > info.
> >   try "erlc +debug_info" (the erlc equivalent of cc -g)
>
> I'm certain that it does have debugging information, so the error
> message is really not accurately reflecting the problem, which
> ultimately the fact that int:i/1 cannot find any beam file to associate
> with the absolute source path name.

"Certain" in the "it just has to be true" sense... ;->  Apparently it
does not, which leads me to another, very simple question:

Why doesn't the following, placed in the source file, result in
debugging information being generated in the .beam file

-compile([export_all, debug_info]).

?  The export_all works as expected, but the debug_info option does not
seem to work.

--
paul