[erlang-questions] distel-mode with *.beam files separate from source

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Fri May 23 04:29:33 CEST 2008

I'm having trouble using distel debugging mode (erl-toggle-interpret)
when my src/ directory is soft-linked next to the ebin directory.  In
other words, I have the following directory structure:

    top/
        bld/
            erlang/
                application/
                    ebin/
                        *.app files
                        *.beam files
                    src/ -> top/project/application/
        project/
            application/
                *.app files
                *.erl files

Basically, the idea is that project/* is under version control and then
the erlang applications are built into the top/bld/erlang/ directory
outside of version control in order to not pollute the project/*
structure with *.beam files, as well as aid in packaging.

Problem is that even though the erlang node has
top/bld/erlang/application/ebin in the path, distel mode does not appear
to try ../src/ based on the module location reported by the node.

Is there any way to make a structure like this work?

--
paul