[erlang-questions] Relocating Erlang installation on Windows?

Johan Holmberg johan556@REDACTED
Wed May 21 20:42:14 CEST 2008

Hi!

I had hoped that a Windows installation of Erlang could be moved to
another place in the filesystem and still work. But I just found out
that a file "erl.ini" contains absolute paths to the original
installation directory.

I wonder if there is some way of getting the installation "position
independent"?

And are there other places beside the "erl.ini" file where absolute
paths to the original installation directory are stored?

I want to be able to check in an Erlang installation in for example
Subversion, and have users check out the directory tree *without*
requiring each user to place the files in the same place in the
filesystem.

/Johan Holmberg