[erlang-questions] EEP 10

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Thu May 15 22:20:37 CEST 2008

In the "Bit Syntax" section, there is the line:

> Both UTF-8 and UTF-16 is easily interpreted with the current bit syntax
> implementation, but the suggested specific types would be convenient for
> the programmer.

I don't know of an "easy" way to write using the current bit syntax:

	<<Ch/utf8,_/binary>> = BinString

I'd have thought we would need the utf8 (and utf16) binary extensions to do
this easily.  What is the "easy" way to do this without the proposed
extensions?

DBM