[erlang-questions] size of an open file

Michael McDaniel erlangy@REDACTED
Thu May 15 17:19:40 CEST 2008

 I occasionally check the 'file modified' timestamp (file:read_file_info/1)
 and if it is later than the last time I saw data from a read, I close/open
 the file for further reads.  I use a timer (timer:apply_after/4) which gets
 reset each time I read data.  If timer expires (i.e. have not read data in
 N amount of time) a fun is run which does the check.  Good enough for my
 current use, maybe not for yours (you have to know how often you are
 expecting new data).

~Michael