[erlang-questions] Best approach to stop distributed erlang apps

Dave Bryson daveb@REDACTED
Wed May 14 21:44:09 CEST 2008

I have an application distributed across X number of machines in a
cluster.  I'm currently launching the apps in a -detached mode. To
launch the apps, I'm using a shell script that loops through the nodes
and runs a start script via SSH.  I'd like to be able to do the same
thing to stop the apps ( completely stop the erlang runtime
init:stop() ).  However, I  haven't been able to figure out the best
approach to do that.  The only thing I've been successful with is to -
remsh into each application and call "init:stop()".

Does anyone have a "best practice" approach to automate calling
init:stop() across a cluster?

Thanks!
Dave