[erlang-questions] Tracing ejabberd

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Tue May 13 22:52:02 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Vlad12 <vsarpe@REDACTED> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  Can anyone tell me why every time i run ejabberd on "live" mode (opens an
>  erlang shell at the node  ejabberd@REDACTED) it does not allow me to run
>  dbg or fprof functions?
>
>  shell$ ./ejabberdct live
>
>  This is what i get if i try to run dbg:tracer(). :
>
>  (ejabberd@REDACTED)4> dbg:tracer().
>  ** exited: {undef,[{dbg,tracer,[]},
>                    {erl_eval,do_apply,5},
>                    {shell,exprs,6},
>                    {shell,eval_loop,3}]} **

If I may trust my slowly building Erlang skills this
error means that the system is unable to locate either
the module 'dbg' or the method 'dbg:tracer'.

A wild guess is that ejabberd's runtime config does not
include too many additional libs/modules.

The solution to your problem is something which I hope
to know soon after having digged deeper into ejabberd.
I know this doesn't solve your issue but may help
clear the situation.