[erlang-questions] Erlang Core problem

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Sun May 11 22:42:05 CEST 2008

Henrique Ferreiro García wrote:
> I have a problem when compiling from Core:
>
> $ erlc +to_core list.erl
> $ erlc +from_core list.core
> ./list.core:21: syntax error before: LITERAL
>
> Looking at the Core Erlang language specification, there doesn't seem to
> exist such a construction.
>
> Can anyone explain what is happening here?

Looks like a minor prettyprinter bug. (It thinks that it has found
something weird in the abstract syntax tree, and marks it up in a
funny way to make it more visible, but that makes the code impossible
to parse back. But the syntax tree was actually correct.)

However, I think that has been fixed in recent releases. What version
of Erlang/OTP are you using?

     /Richard

--
  "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
    -- Paul Graham