[erlang-questions] [erlang-bugs] Weird pg2 behavior

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Thu May 8 08:44:25 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 9:28 pm, Matthew Dempsky wrote:
> Has there been any progress on this?  This bug bit us again today. :-(
>
> (A pid from a node on a machine that had been decommissioned and not
> running any Erlang code for months now but still present on our
> network was still lurking in one of our pg2 groups.  Yesterday we
> finally repurposed this machine, removing it from our network, which
> had the unexpected side effect of causing Pid ! Msg in some heavily
> used code to start adding several seconds of delay due to the runtime
> attempting to autoconnect to that long-dead node.)

Is there a complete list of currently known pg2 bugs published someplace
(besides this email thread), perhaps with suggested work arounds until a
new pg2 can be released?

In my case hot loading of all modules which contain client code performing
pg2 lookups is an option, so I have a chance to avoid disaster (as
described by Matthew above) if I act fast :-)

-Rick