[erlang-questions] Dialyzer and multiple plt files

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Thu May 8 01:48:09 CEST 2008

Guys (probably Tobias ;)

Is there a way to get Dialyzer to use multiple plt files for its
analysis. Let me give you the background. Sinan uses dialyzer for its
analysis task. During its first run in a project it generates a new
plt file for that projects dependencies and stores it in the build
area. Depending on the project that can take a huge amount of time. I
think a nice way to solve this problem is to generate plt files for an
OTP app and distribute those files with that app. Then in my analysis
phase I just have to identify the plt files stored in the dependencies
and let Dialyzer make use of them. I don't believe this is possible at
the moment and it may be that I am the only one with this type of
requirement, but it would be a nice feature to have.

Thanks,
 Eric