[erlang-questions] Dialyzer programmatic interface and output_plt

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Mon May 5 22:52:38 CEST 2008

Guys,

Thanks for getting the programmatic interface to dialyzer back into a
working state! That helps a lot. However, it seems that dialyzer no
longer understands the output_plt option. I don't believe it was ever
documented but it used to work, now dialyzer seems to ignore it. Is
there some other way to get dialyzer to create a plt file using the
erlang interface?

On a side note. The documentation for dialyzer:run/1 is a bit
misleading. It seems to indicate that you should pass the Msg part of
the warning tuple to dialyzer:format_warning/1. In actuality you
should pass the entire warning tuple. It also documents errors as
being strings but I don't believe that they are strings. Unless I am
missing something they follow the same semantics as warnings.

Thanks,
 Eric