[erlang-questions] How to start an erlang applications from the command line non-interactively?

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Mon May 5 21:38:44 CEST 2008

On 5/5/08, Darren New <dnew@REDACTED> wrote:
> Gleb Peregud wrote:
> > erl -noshell -pa ebin/ -s gui run -s erlang halt
>
> Shouldn't this be
> erl -noshell -pa ebin/ -s gui run -s init stop
>
> Otherwise, don't you risk aborting I/O threads before the buffers are
> flushed and such? I thought "halt" was a rather brutal exit?
>
> --
>    Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
>      "That's pretty. Where's that?"
>           "It's the Age of Channelwood."
>      "We should go there on vacation some time."

You are right. I've copy-pasted code from simple project, where these
details were not important :)

I'll CC to erlang-questions for others to see this

--
Gleb Peregud
http://gleber.pl/

Every minute is to be grasped.