[erlang-questions] Suggestion for the Mnesia manual

Jouni Rynö Jouni.Ryno@REDACTED
Mon May 5 12:44:06 CEST 2008

So from analysis point of view, recursion still would be better? (sorry,
deleted the original example, but this was directly from my own code,
revealed by dialyzer ...)

Instead of this (dialyzer tells me, that it produces value of type
['ok'])
[ok = gen_server:cast(Client, {parameter, Para}) || Client <-
ClientList]

use the recursion
serve_clients(Message, [Client|ClientList]) ->
	ok = gen_server:cast(Client, Message),
          serve_clients(Message, ClientList);
serve_clients(Message, []) ->
	ok.

Or to keep list comprehensions and make dialyzer happy with
Oks = [ok || _Res <- ClienList],
Oks = [ok = gen_server:cast(Client, {parameter, Para}) || Client <-
ClientList]

Jouni