[erlang-questions] faxien dead?

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Fri May 2 19:21:49 CEST 2008

Christopher Vance wrote:
> In the erlyverse, there appears to be lots of fragmentation and ideas,
> with competing projects for collections, etc., but they all seem to
> peter out before too long.
>
> Should we expect faxien eventually to catch up to a current erts, or
> is it (faxien) not worth the effort anyway?

I've been trying out the Erlware tools the last weeks and
I think they are excellent! Still a bit rough here and there
but it can only get better. I plan to do a little writeup
of my experiences soon.

But already today I can recommend Erlware.

It is extremely nice to develop without having to think
about where a particular .hrl file is, or check for any
required libs. It is all taken care of. For the first time
I'm able to write a proper OTP application with very
little effort.

So I hope erlware can continue to develop into becoming
the defacto standard way of packaging and releasing Erlang
libraries and applications.

--Tobbe