[erlang-questions] gen_tcp nonblocking send

Valentin Micic valentin@REDACTED
Thu May 1 22:01:38 CEST 2008

> You didn't read my suggestion carefully enough - try again.

You're right -- I did not read it carefully enough. Your suggestion would
not develop a scheduling problem. However, after reading it again, I'm
really not sure why would O_NDEALY be such an evil thing, if it is
implemented as a separate function call (and not as a flag), that would
return a binary containing unsent octets. It would certainly help (in this
case not-so) intelligent queuing on the caller side -- unlike your sender
that needs to do pre-emptive queuing, until it receive's ack from "relay",
it would need to queue only unsent octets, right?

V.