[erlang-questions] linkedin driver licence question

Matthew Dempsky matthew@REDACTED
Mon Mar 31 23:27:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Danila Bagrov <dbagrov1@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello list,
>  If I develope a linkedin driver which use a GPL library, I don't have
>  to publish source of my programs which use this driver, correct? I
>  will only have to publish source for the driver (because Erlang
>  already is open source)?

You should be aware that the Erlang Public License is incompatible
with the GPL.  You'll have legal trouble if your linked-in driver is
considered a derivative work of both the Erlang runtime and that GPL
library.  See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLPluginsInNF
for some more information.

It would be better to ask an actual lawyer.  You can also try emailing
the FSF or SFLC.