[erlang-questions] More on building 12b-1 on Leopard

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Mon Mar 31 09:28:09 CEST 2008

Dave Bryson writes:
 > Following the threads on this list I've been able to build 12B-1 on
 > my new Mac book pro (10.5.2).  However, it doesn't appear that hipe
 > is setup.
 >
 > I configured with these settings:
 >
 > configure \
 > --enable-hipe \
 > --enable-darwin-universal \
 > --enable-smp-support \
 > --without-gd
 >
 > It compiles and installs ok.  However,  when I run "erl" I don't see
 > [hipe] in the terminal.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Check the output of the ./configure step. If the check for
reliable floating-point exceptions fails, then you won't
get HiPE.

There's been a report earlier that the check fails on OSX
10.5/ppc. But since I don't have access to an OSX 10.5 box
I cannot fix it myself.