[erlang-questions] Erlang/YAWS vs Free Pascal/Xitami

Jilani Khaldi jilani@REDACTED
Thu Mar 27 10:51:03 CET 2008

[..]
> just as www.erlang.org uses (an older
> version of) Apache instead of Yaws.
Inertia. I asked this years ago.

> When I said "processes" I was not referring to the process/thread
> distinction.
> When you say that Object Pascal handles threads "very well", does that
> mean
> 	- thread stacks start tiny
> 	- thread stacks are automatically resized as needed
> 	- threads CANNOT interfere with each other's data
> Because that's _minimal_ quality thread support.
Unfortunately, threads inplementation in FPC is buggy and I will never
use them before they will be fixed. Delphi speaking, there are many
extentions to the "original" ones made by Borland and they have all the
bells and whistles.

--
***
Jilani KHALDI