Thu Mar 27 02:39:44 CET 2008
Just a small note to announce some changes I've made to ibrowse. This was
prompted by Francesco's message  to the mailing list. Here is an extract
from the release notes. Feedback is welcome.
27-03-2008 - * Major rewrite of the load balancing feature. Additional
ibrowse_lb.erl, introduced to achieve this.
* Can now get a handle to a connection process which is not
the load balancing pool. Useful when an application is making
requests to a webserver which are time consuming (such as
uploading a large file). Such requests can be put on a
connection, and all other smaller/quicker requests can use
load balancing pool. See ibrowse:spawn_worker_process/2 and
* Ram Krishnan sent a patch to enable a client to send a lot of
data in a request by providing a fun which is invoked by the
connection handling process. This fun can fetch the data from
any where. This is useful when trying to upload a large file
to a webserver.
* Use the TCP_NODELAY option on every socket by default
* Rudimentary support for load testing of ibrowse.
but see ibrowse_test:load_test/3. Use the source, Luke!
* New function ibrowse:show_dest_status/2 to view state of
connections/pipelines to a web server
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions