[erlang-questions] 64-bit fragmented mnesia table benefits?

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Tue Mar 25 15:49:47 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Philip Robinson <chlorophil@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
>  It is my understanding that using a 64-bit operating system pretty
>  much removes any of the size limitations for mnesia tables.

The dets files still have their 32bit limitation.

I've heard it rumoured here that dets have the following issues
* when fragmented, the freelist is all in memory and occupies too much memory
* recovery time for large files are unresonable long

Are they true, as in, has it been a problem for anyone?

How do solutions that perform better do?