[erlang-questions] OTP trouble report ID

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Tue Mar 25 09:51:59 CET 2008

attila.rajmund.nohl@REDACTED writes:

> Hello!
>
> Is there a public way to check what bug does the OTP-7089 trouble report
> cover and how was it fixed? I get this number from the release notes.

There is no public way to access it. The reason is that some trouble reports
may contain confidental information from our customers.

In the case of OTP-7089, however, it is based on an email from Klacke
sent to either erlang-bugs or erlang-questions:

"This fatso bug is also triggered by the putty 0.60 client

"Whenever recv_msg() returns an actual error, we loop
indefinitely. Tcp_closed is never received, since it is already
received when we were in passive mode.

"It basically means that all all OTP ssh systems out there
that expose ssh outwards can be easily brought out of
service simply by trying to connect with putty 0.60 to them
and then exit putty."

/Bjorn