[erlang-questions] Erlang 10 years of Open Source; it is time for the next step

Convey Christian J NPRI ConveyCJ@REDACTED
Mon Mar 17 13:52:54 CET 2008

[snip]

> >  - Open up any other (as of today) internal dev.tools, wikis etc.
>
> Same thing here. OTP would have to find a way to keep
> confidential information confidential.

One solution I've seen is to have two repositories.  One repository contains the open-source core product, which can be packaged and installed on its own.

The other repository has the proprietary component.  To build the proprietary component, you must have built the open source component and perhaps also have installed it.

This solution isn't without its problems, but it's probably the cleanest solution I've seen to the problem it was meant to solve.

- Christian