[erlang-questions] Erlang Syntax - again

Jim McCoy jim.mccoy@REDACTED
Tue Mar 11 18:42:57 CET 2008

I can live with just about all of the various syntax quirks compared
to other languages and in fact am starting to enjoy some of them, but
I have to chime in with support for the suggestions that record access
needs to be cleaned up a bit.  Regardless of what records were
intended to solve, they have become the generic "structure" datum for
Erlang and I think they need to be extended somewhat to make them a
bit more programmer-friendly.  Basic introspection, an easier access
mechanism, etc.

When the FAQ has an entry that is titled "Is it just me, or are
records ugly?" I think this might be an indication of the first place
to look for syntax tweaks...