[erlang-questions] Mnesia log files - backup&restore and two schemas

erlang@REDACTED erlang@REDACTED
Thu Mar 6 18:02:20 CET 2008

Hi,

I have two disc_copy nodes in a Mnesia schema (two machines at dbA)
and a schema in another network with two disc_copy nodes (two machines
at dbB).

dbA can receive transactions (active) and dbB not (idle).

What I need to do is to replicate Mnesia data from dbA to dbB at T
time intervals.

I have the following solutions in mind:

0)       Using mnesia:dump_to_textfile and mnesia:load_from_textfile,
but sometimes the dumping takes a very long time.

1)       In an Incremental way using table events, but the
subscription must be done in a disc_node needing a special work on a
network failure.

2)       Copying Mnesia log files, but I don’t clearly know if the .
dcd files are sufficient for this and the number of transactions lost.

Someone know about this or how to handle it the best way?

Thanks, Eduardo