[erlang-questions] how: Purging old records from Mnesia table

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Mar 6 15:25:16 CET 2008

Gleb Peregud skrev:

> After checking source of timer module i can see it is implemented
> using ordered_set ets table. This table is used as a queue and
> gen_server module is pulling data at necessary moments (it is the same
> as my idea in point 3). It seems to be a good choice :)
>
> Hence it is enough to use timer:send_after()

I don't know if it's what you're after, but I've been (slowly)
working on a scheduler module based on mnesia.

It's not ready, and wholly undocumented, but for those who
enjoy source-as-documentation, the work in progress can be
seen at:

http://erlhive.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/erlhive/trunk/lib/erlhive/src/erlhive_schedule.erl?view=markup

(It's in ErlHive, but there really isn't that much that's
erlhive-specific about it.)

The idea is that you should be able to register calendar-like
'appointments' - repeating if necessary - and tie them to actions that
are fired at the right moment.

BR,
Ulf W