[erlang-questions] packages (was: newbie: why c.erl is special?)

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Thu Mar 6 10:59:40 CET 2008

On 6 Mar 2008, at 09:59, Lövei László wrote:

> It seems to me (after reading the list archive) that everyone wants
> this, only some people want even more. But this notation is here,
> and it
> works, only some encouragement is missing for it to become widespread
> (like mentioning it in the reference manual and the tutorial).

Read again. Some people (myself included) thought it was an ugly wart
solving a problem that only a few newbies stumble across and making
erlang code harder to read and maintain.

One of the worst aspects of this would be the endless traversing up
and down interminable directory hierarchies. Soon we would need a full
IDE just to help us find the definition of a module in the filesystem.

Sean