[erlang-questions] newbie: why c.erl is special?

Anthony Kong anthony.hw.kong@REDACTED
Wed Mar 5 10:47:16 CET 2008

I think it is the 'six-liner' you are referring to:

"1.2.2 LACE
One of the ideas behind Eiffel is to maximize reusability. For this
reason, the language doesn't
provide a mechanism for assembling a system. Some external mechanism
is therefore needed
to specify the entry-point for a program. One of these mechanisms is a
language called LACE
(Language for Assembling Classes in Eiffel).
Since the Eiffel knows nothing of assembling classes into systems it
doesn't provide a
mechanism for resolving name-clashes."

In a sense, it sounds like java classloader to me.

Cheers, Anthony