[erlang-questions] Erlang message passing delay after abnormal network disconnection

Eranga Udesh eranga.erl@REDACTED
Tue Mar 4 20:06:58 CET 2008

The problem I am talking about occurs while the network is in partitioned
condition. When the network connection is re-established and the Erlang node
is connected with a net_adm:ping/1 the message queue drains out quickly and
the nodes start working normal.

As I said before, this delay occurs only after an abnormal network
disconnection. If the receiving Erlang node is shutdown gracefully, the
message delay doesn't occur.

I doubt, this occurs only when the packets sent out are going to a
black-hole and nobody responds that the destination TCP entity is
unavailable.

- Eranga