[erlang-questions] [reia-talk] questions about reia

Tony Arcieri tony@REDACTED
Mon Jun 30 23:31:29 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Mike Ward <arisdent@REDACTED> wrote:

> why are you checking in your ebin?  if you didn't you wouldn't have these
> problems

Reia is partly self-hosted and as such needs the compiled ebin for the core
routines available for the compiler to work.

I'm CCing erlang-questions on this as I'm curious what procedures the Erlang
compiler uses to avoid similar bootstrapping problems.  I'm trying to
self-host a compiler / language on top of BEAM and running into problems
with backwards compatibility of the generated BEAM bytecode.

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com