[erlang-questions] inets http problem

Edwin Fine erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED
Mon Jun 30 23:17:26 CEST 2008

What happens if you use http://127.0.0.1:37146 ? I recently had problems
with localhost being aliased to both 127.0.0.1 and ::1 (ipv6), and when I
commented out the alias to ::1 localhost worked. Could this be your problem?

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Dietmar Schaefer <dietmar-s@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Dear ML !
>

> I have problems running inets httpd server using the configuration from
> the users guide.
>

> in the shell:
>
> inets:start().
> ok
>
> {ok, Pid} = inets:start(httpd, [{port, 0},{server_name,"httpd_test"},
> {server_root,"/tmp"},{document_root,"/tmp/htdocs"}, {bind_address,
> "localhost"}]).
> {ok,<0.54.0>}
> (cmmc@REDACTED)3> httpd:info(Pid).
> [{mime_types,[{"html","text/html"},{"htm","text/html"}]},
>  {server_name,"httpd_test"},
>  {bind_address,{127,0,0,1}},
>  {server_root,"/tmp"},
>  {port,37146},
>  {document_root,"/tmp/htdocs"}]
>

> seems o.k. so far.
>

> opening a firefox http://localhost:37146 gives me:
>

> Internal Server Error
> unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator unknown@REDACTED, and inform them
> of the time the error occurred and anything you might have done that may
> have caused the error.
>

> Can anybody tell me what's wrong here ?
>

> Another problem concerning inets httpd:
>

> from source-code file:
>

> {ok, Pid} = inets:start(httpd, [{port, 8081},
>                   {server_name,"virtu.idvs.dfs.de"}, {server_root,"/tmp"},
>                      {document_root,"/home/dietmar/www/"},
> {bind_address, "10.240.67.193"}]),
>

> register (httpPid,Pid).        % does not work ! why ?
>

> gives me:
>

> exception error: bad argument
>     in function  register/2
>        called as register(httpPid,<0.160.0>)
>     in call from agent:start/0
>
> I have no idea what's wrong here sinde I find the same code everywhere.
>

> regards
>

> Dietmar
>

> Dietmar Schäfer
> DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH
> Tower/TB
> Am DFS-Campus 7
>
> D-63225 Langen
> Tel.: +49 6103/707-2835
> FAX:+49 6103/707-2805
>
> email: dietmar.schaefer@REDACTED
>
> DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH
> Am DFS-Campus 10
> D - 63225 Langen
>
> Tel.: +49-(0)6103-707-0
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Langen/Hessen
> Zuständiges Registergericht: AG Offenbach am Main, HRB 34977
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Robert Scholl
> Geschäftsführer: Dieter Kaden (Vors.), Ralph Riedle, Jens Bergmann
>
> Internet: http://www.dfs.de
> Public-Key der DFS: http://www.dfs.de/dfs/public_key.asc

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate,
contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and
unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the
discomfort of thought.
John F. Kennedy 35th president of US 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)