[erlang-questions] Actor BoF at OSCON? (was RE: Erlang at OSCON 2008)

Steven Parkes smparkes@REDACTED
Fri Jun 20 23:19:44 CEST 2008

[Originated on the Erlang list ...]

I've been toying with the idea of submitting a proposal for an Actor BoF
(birds-of-a-feather), sharing experiences among the different
actor/actor-like languages and libraries out there ...

-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
[mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Patrick Logan
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 10:50 AM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: [erlang-questions] Erlang at OSCON 2008

There are several Erlang-related activities at OSCON in a few weeks.
There is no BoF posted on the web site though.

Is anyone interested in a BoF or some kind of a social setting outside
of the specific tutorials and presentations?

I'm amazed at the increased awareness of Erlang over the last year,
even. At OSCON 2007 I held an Erlang BoF which had 20-30 or so people
mostly curious lurkers, so the BoF essentially turned into an hour
mini-tutorial running in my Emacs.

Anyway... I imagine this year could bring a good population of
experienced folks.

-Patrick