[erlang-questions] Signal handling (TERM, INT etc)

Colm Dougan colm.dougan@REDACTED
Fri Jun 20 03:28:21 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Maxim Treskin <zerthurd@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Handling of UNIX-signal is not portable feature through many OS. So,
> you must write OS-specified driver for this operations.

Thanks - that is the answer I expected.  So what do people generally
do in situations that  normally call for signal handling?  For example
if I shutdown a machine and all my processes get sent a TERM signal
but I don't want my erlang process to get killed mercilessly.  What do
people normally do?  An OS specific driver seems like a relatively
difficult option.  Do people normally wrap the erlang process in
another program/script that knows how to intercept signals and which
then sends RPC to the erlang process?  I'm just seeking guidance on
the standard  practice (I already looked at what yaws and ejabberd do
on Linux).

Thanks,
Colm