[erlang-questions] Reading large (1GB+) XML files.

Edwin Fine erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED
Thu Jun 19 04:44:43 CEST 2008

I don't know xmerl eventp, but for such large XML files it may be prudent
performance-wise to interface to a fast 'C' SAX parser such as expat. The
ejabberd project has an Erlang driver written to use the expat parser. It's
also some pretty good code for a proven real-world system that one could
learn a lot from. You may be able to adapt the code (I think it's called
xml_stream.erl and the 'C' files under c_src) although if, as you write, you
have only been doing Erlang for a few weeks it may be a bit of a leap to get
into linked-in drivers.

Hope this helps.