[erlang-questions] terminate() not finishing after application:stop()

Gijsbert de Haan gijsbert_de_haan@REDACTED
Thu Jun 12 00:00:16 CEST 2008

Hi,
My terminate() function is not finishing after application:stop(myapp).
I am wondering if my terminate() function takes too long and is getting
killed before it finishes. I have tried to increase the Shutdown timeout
in the child specification but it seems to have no influence.
The process is started by supervisor:start_child(session_sup, Opts),
session_sup is specified as:

{session_sup,
 {supervisor, start_link, [{local, session_sup},?MODULE,[session]]},
 permanent,
 infinity,
 supervisor,
 []
}

And the init that returns the spec for the child is this:

init([Module]) ->
    {ok,
     {_SupFlags = {simple_one_for_one, ?MAX_RESTART, ?MAX_TIME},
      [{undefined,
        {Module, start_link, []},
        temporary,
        2000,