[erlang-questions] terminate() not finishing after application:stop()

Gijsbert de Haan gijsbert_de_haan@REDACTED
Tue Jun 10 15:39:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have an application that I want to stop. In terminate() of one of the
processes I save some state to an xml file (with xmerl:export() and
file:write_file()). When this process terminates by itself all is well,
and the file is saved.
But when I call application:stop(myapp) the call to xmerl:export() (in
terminate) never returns and the state is not saved. There are no error
reports in the log, just the usual info report about myapp having
exited. I have put a try/catch (throw/exit/error) around the
xmerl:export() with some io:format() calls but nothing comes out.

Anybody have a suggestion?
Thanks,
Gijsbert