[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Damien Morton dmorton@REDACTED
Thu Jun 5 19:33:46 CEST 2008

On 6/6/2008 3:23 AM, Patrick Logan wrote:
> From: Damien Morton <dmorton@REDACTED>
>
>> Well, the relational database is suitable for the quickly evolving
>> part of their business, and there will always be a quickly evolving
>> part of any business, so yes - inevitability is the perfect
>> description.
>>

> Ironic since I hardly ever see the phrases "relational database" and
> "quickly evolving" used together except in an inverse
> relationship. 8^D

That's true - relational databases have ossified. The original Date book
on SQL databases, IIRC, seemed to cast them in the light of being a tool
for executives to quickly and arbitrarily query the company's
information repository. I cant quite remember what the orginal IBM SQL
database was called, but Query-By-Example seemed to be an essential element.

Still, can you name a database that better at evolving than a relational
database?