[erlang-questions] Reia - Python/Ruby mix targeting Beam/HiPE

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Thu Jun 5 14:23:40 CEST 2008

"Gleb Peregud" <gleber.p@REDACTED> writes:

> According to http://wiki.reia-lang.org/wiki/Roadmap :
> The First Milestone: Compile to Erlang AST
> And I assume that Erlang AST does not permit mutable variables, hence
> it will probably not include mutable variables (unless hidden by Reia
> -> Erlang AST translator)

It should be trivial to implement mutable variables, simply by inventing
a new, unused variable name each time a mutable variable is assigned.
(Further references to the mutable variable should be changed to refer
to the new name, of course.)

/Bjorn