[erlang-questions] Re locating Erlang installation on Windows?

Johan Holmberg johan556@REDACTED
Tue Jun 3 20:22:33 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Zvi <exta7@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> can you give me the pointers, how to rebuild Erlang from source on Windows?
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Zvi

You can find the source at:

  http://www.erlang.org/download.html
  http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R12B-2.tar.gz (current release)

Once you have downloaded and unpacked the tar-file, read the file
"README.win32" in the top directory. The file is quite long. I was a
bit scared at first, but the instructions actully work. I haven't read
the whole document. The important things are to download & install a
lot of dependencies, and issue the right sequence of commands.

The only thing I had initial troubles with was the fact that both
Cygwin and Visual Studio have a "link.exe" command. The one from
Visual Studio should be used (I happened to have the other first in my
PATH).

I hope this helps.

/Johan