[erlang-questions] use erlSoap package in Erlang

Willem de Jong w.a.de.jong@REDACTED
Tue Jun 3 20:10:24 CEST 2008

Hello Thilani,

Unfortunately erlsoap and erlsom are not part of the standard erlang
distribution, so you
will have to download and compile them. To do that for the first time can be
a bit of a
puzzle, but it isn't particularly difficult.

Both projects are hosted on sourceforge. You will find erlsoap under
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/erlsoap and erlsom under
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/erlsom

To install erlsom you have to download the tar.gz file (use the 'download
erlsom' button), unzip it (you may need to download another tool for
that...), put the files in the right location
(probably something like "C:\Program Files\erl5.6.1\lib\erlsom-1.2.1") and
compile them (start the erlang shell, cd to the right directory and compile
them ( make:all([{outdir, "../ebin"}]). ). It is explained in a bit more
detail in the erlsom documentation.
There is no tar.gz file for erlsoap, so you will have to get the files from
SVN. You
will need a SVN client for that. TortoiseSVN is probably a good choice. Once
you have downloaded the files you need to put them in the right location
(C:\Program Files\erl5.6.1\lib\erlsoap-0.4.3) and compile them. Note that
you also have to make sure that a couple of .xsd files and a .conf file are
in the 'priv' (directory C:\Program Files\erl5.6.1\lib\erlsoap-0.4.3\priv)

Good luck...
Willem