[erlang-questions] Allowed node names

Edwin Fine erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED
Tue Jun 3 16:51:19 CEST 2008

Gosh, Vlad, how can you say it is not documented? I mean, it clearly states
in the comments to the Erlang C source code in erts/emulator/beam/dist.c
that

**
** n must be a valid node name: string of ([a-z][A-Z][0-9]_-)+
**

It only took me 20 minutes to track this down. Don't you know, Real
Programmers Don't Need No Steenking Documentation, They Just Read The Code
;-)

*(Disclaimer: In case anyone inadvertently takes this rant literally and
gets ticked off, it was written with heavy irony and tongue firmly in
cheek).*