[erlang-questions] Configuring The Erlang Debugger and Distel

Foolish Ewe foolishewe@REDACTED
Tue Jun 3 15:32:08 CEST 2008

Hello All:

Can anyone point me to a detailed and correct description of how to properly configure the Erlang Debugger?
My host name is set via dhcp.

I'm having some difficulty getting the node name as returned by node() to work correctly, I'm seeing nonode@REDACTED,
and have tried futzing with my /etc/hosts and my ~/.hosts.erlang but I'm so new to Erlang and have no real elisp skills
to speak of.  I'm using xemacs 21.5.28 under OpenSuse 10.3.   I hand iinstalled distel using the subversion repository.
My host name is set by dhcp, but here is what I'd liike to be able to do:
1) I can't attach to a node to debug, can I let my default node name to be something like mynode@REDACTED?
2) I'm guessing debugging information is not compiled in by default.  If so can I have Distel allow me to set compiler options
    (i.e. debug_info)  to compiling in debugging information or have an extra option in the compile
3) Do I need to do something with cookies?
4) Should the debugging support in Distel default to connecting to the xemacs buffer with an active Erlang shell?  Could this be automated?

Thanks:

Bill M.