[erlang-questions] Mnesia load and unload tables at runtime?

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Mon Jun 2 11:52:00 CEST 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008, Jong Hian Zin wrote:

JHZ> Is there a way that I can load a Mnesia ram_copies table during
JHZ> runtime from file dumped by dump_tables, and "unload" it when I
JHZ> dont need it, in order to save ram?

No.

The mnesia:dump_tables/1 function is an ancient
function that ought to be avoided. It is kept in
the API due to backwards compatibility reasons.

You can however take a backup of a subset of your tables,
empty them (or delete them) and later restore the tables
when you need them.

/Håkan
---
Håkan Mattsson (uabhams)